AGILE COACH/SCRUM MASTER in CALUMET or NOVI, MICHIGAN OFFICE. ThermoAnalytics (TAI) is a passionate leader in developing thermal, fluid-flow, and infrared modeling software. The TAI business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading edge technology with the simple values of a rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. Join the dynamic, results oriented team at TAI today.
As an Agile Coach at TAI, you are the key to enabling high performance Software Development teams to build innovative engineering analysis software. We are building a culture of continuous process improvement with a shared goal of delivering best in class products faster than our peers in the CAE software market. You will be responsible for championing Agile across all areas of the company. You will help teams adopt Agile values, principles and best practices as part of the part of our Software Engineering Productivity community of practice. You have the opportunity to grow into a supervisory role within the Productivity community and directly impact the professional development of its members.
You are passionate about process, communication, group dynamics and coaching, and you do not hesitate to raise concerns and drive change to remove impediments from your team. You will be working with highly creative and intelligent Software Development Squad members who are just as passionate about what they do. You love to learn new things and obsess over process improvement. If you are the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $80,000 – $100,000 corresponding with experience, flexible schedule and a comprehensive package of benefits. A detailed benefit listing can be found at http://www.thermoanalytics.com/sites/default/files/pdf-uploads/TAI_benefits_20150706.pdf
- Coach 3-4 development teams guiding them towards improving the way they work.
- Facilitate educating teams in agile ceremonies such as user story mapping, stand-up, release planning, sprint planning, retrospective and demos.
- Assist the product owner and development team with backlog grooming.
- Ensure cross-team coordination.
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal.
- Maintain relevant metrics that help teams monitor their processes.
- Coach and mentor other agile coaches to facilitate cross-communication of effective practices.
- Be a company-wide subject matter expert on Agile methodologies applied to software development and project management.
- Potentially supervise up to 10 employees in the area of Agile Processes, DevOps and Software Test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Management, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Agile principles and methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, XP).
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an agile environment, preferably in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and intellectual curiosity.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek advice when faced with unknown situations.
- Demonstrated experience using common office software tools
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED.
- Agile Certification (Certified Scrum Master/Product Owner/Scrum Practitioner, PMI-ACP).
- Experience as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Software development experience (Desktop application preferred).
- Experience managing projects (scope, budget, schedule).
OTHER USEFUL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Software engineering knowledge or experience.
- Software quality assurance knowledge or experience.
- Experience writing scripts in one or more languages (Bash, Python, Perl).
- Domain knowledge in one or more: heat transfer, thermo-fluids, CAD/CAE, IR/Visible sensor modeling.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
APPLICATIONS TAKEN ONLINE ONLY.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY AT www.thermoanalytics.com