We’re hiring our next great team leader—the Director of Marketing!
Choice of work locations: Calumet or Novi, Michigan
ThermoAnalytics, Inc. is a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services. As we continue to grow, so does our team and the need for an innovative leader with technical know-how. While we prefer to fill this key position in our headquarters in Calumet, we will consider candidates interested in our Novi location as well.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the functional management, coordination, and leadership of all marketing activities. This is accomplished by executing decisions and programs that ensure attainment of business goals for growth and profit. This position reports to the Chief Marketing & Sales Officer and follows direction set by the Chief Marketing & Sales Officer and Senior Management Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING.
- Create the roadmap with market and target customer strategies for the company, as well as marketing plans.
- Develop strategic and tactical messaging for the company and its products.
- Own, develop and protect the corporate brand while expanding awareness.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long-range goals, objectives, and strategies.
- With the CMSO, develop and direct the transformation of the marketing department from a service entity to a strategic leader in all market facing initiatives, including competitive and market research.
- Develop, implement and execute integration with CRM, web-based tools and lead management.
- Ensure department has the right talent; prioritizes mentoring and developing team members.
- Provide leadership to the marketing team; align individual capabilities w/goals to achieve best outcomes.
- Direct, coordinate and participate in marketing activities to obtain company goals and objectives, create annual plan and budget, and execute such.
- Own, oversee and direct all internal/external communication; actively ensures compliance with all brand and style requirements.
- Support “Best Practices”, consistency, and high-frequency level of activity in CRM; expand and measure all aspects of lead generation.
- Review activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward goals.
- Work with Product Management, Development, and Training to deliver all tools necessary to support product and promotional campaigns/initiatives including web, print, digital marketing, PR; and training of customers, partners and sales team.
- Manage all market facing aspects of product releases
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $65,000 – $75,000 starting annually, based on knowledge and industry experience, in addition to an extremely rich benefit package. To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicants must be United States citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States. The successful candidate offered the position may be required to undergo a thorough background, credit check and/or drug screen.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED AS OUR DIRECTOR OF MARKETING.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or directly related field preferred; Master’s degree a bonus.
- 5 yrs. experience in a lead strategic marketing position required; background in software marketing (CAE) desired.
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge.
- Exceptional relationship building, collaboration, management and communication skills.
- Business-minded w/proven success in managing a team, setting goals and holding people accountable.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills with a commitment to continuous education through professional development, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Ability to be a personal contributor to the execution of the marketing plan.
- Proficient with general office software and CRM required; HubSpot desired.
- A willingness and ability to travel on occasion (less than 10%).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about us at thermoanalytics.com.