ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI), a leading provider of thermal and infrared simulation software and services, seeks highly motivated, technically driven Engineering students to join our team as Software Test Engineer Interns in our Calumet and Novi, Michigan locations. The Intern positions will begin in January of 2020.
Working in TAI’s creative, fast paced and technically challenging environment totally immerses you in leading edge software development processes as you build features alongside experienced programmers. You will learn to rapidly deliver software products across several platforms and gain invaluable experience as a member of our collaborative, geographically distributed development team.
As a Software Test Engineer, you provide the user voice on the software development team. TAI’s agile culture allows us to respond to changing business needs and user requirements and will expose you to all of areas of software development and production during your time on our team. Your primary duties will include:
New Feature Development and Code Maintenance
- Write and execute user level tests – acceptance, exploratory, UI, performance, stress
- Gather testing requirements through conversations with users or their proxies
- Validate customer reported defects; document defects identified by internal testing
- Pair programming to write, test, debug and refactor test code
- Review user documentation and tutorials
- Demonstrate features to obtain direct user feedback
Build and Test
- Port test code to Linux and Windows platforms
- Participate in software releases to customers
- Create and implement tools to automate processes
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $16.00 – $20.00 per hour depending on your knowledge and experience. TAI places great value in its interns and provides a culture of intellectual excitement working with leading edge technology. Internships include pro-rated holiday pay and access to the company Employee Assistance Program.
- Background in energy physics or engineering
- Use of CAE simulation tools
- Computer programming and/or scripting experience (C++ preferred)
- Experience working in a team/collaborative environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Interpersonal communication skills – both verbal and written
- Thermodynamics, heat transfer, physiology or battery design
- Experience programming in a command line environment
- Experience debugging code
- Experience with software and/or hardware testing
- Experience using agile development practices
INTERESTED? Apply online below. No phone calls, emails or walk-ins please.
ABOUT US. ThermoAnalytics’ business culture mixes the intellectual excitement of leading-edge technology with the simple values of its rural Midwest setting. A strong work ethic and sense of pride in producing high quality work is evident throughout the company. Employees in all company functions are actively engaged in the business and collaborate extensively to achieve our goals. ThermoAnalytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more at thermoanalytics.com.