Has living in the beauty of Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula been a pipe dream? If so, consider joining the dynamic team at ThermoAnalytics, Inc. (TAI) as a Technical Writer. ThermoAnalytics is a passionate leader in developing thermal, fluid-flow, and infrared modeling software.
As a Technical Writer for TAI, you work in cross-functional teams with product managers, software developers, and various engineers (testing, application and support) to deliver high quality and effective documentation to our end users. You plan, design, research, write and maintain print and electronic product documentation to help external and internal customers use the product. Your understanding of and ability to communicate product purpose to an audience-appropriate level is key to TAI.
Salary commensurate with experience.
TAI places great value in its team and offers a comprehensive package of benefits. A detailed listing can be found at http://www.thermoanalytics.com/system/files/TAI_benefits_20140709.pdf.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
– Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or other equivalent communication majors, or the comparable combination of education and experience.
– Understanding of software development cycles
– Working knowledge of Adobe products including Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Experience with content management systems and/or revision control systems (Subversion preferred)
– Experience with single sourced/XML-based authoring tools; knowledge of DITA